Replies

New YDK release 0.9.0.1 with YANG1.1 support is available now

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear YDK users

The new YDK release 0.9.0.1 is coming soon. It includes the following features:

1. Upgrade to pyang-2.4.
  2. Upgrade Libyang YDK fork to the latest version in order to support YANG1.1.
  3. YDK support for new and extended YANG features based on rfc-7950.
    1. Processing of "yang-version" statement in ydkgen. See section 7.1.2.
    2. Multi-line description strings without single or double quotes. See section 6.1.3.
    3. Allow "choice" as a shorthand "case" statement. See section 7.9.2.
    4. Processing of new substatement "modifier" to the "pattern" statement. See section 9.4.6.
    5. Allow identities to be derived from multiple base identities. Sections 7.18 and 9.10.
    6. Allow enumerations and bits to be subtyped. See sections 9.6 and 9.7.
    7. Allow leaf-lists to have default values, see Section 7.7.2.
    8. Allow non-unique values in non-configuration leaf-lists, see section 7.7.
    9. Processing of new statement "action", which is used to define operations tied to data nodes. See section 7.15.
    10. Support for new data definition statement "anydata". See section 7.10.
    11. Allow types "empty" and "leafref" in unions, section 9.12 and 9.13.
    12. Allow type "empty" in a key, section 9.13.
  4. Upgraded documentation
  5. Fixes of latest bugs found in YDK-0.8.5.

Please note that this YDK release will not be available in the open source domains. If you are interested in acquiring of this software and getting its full engineering support, please contact me directly.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions
12 Replies 12

Hi Yan,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Since nowadays, we have a lot solutions to do network automation like Ansible,  Netconf, REST API ,  YDK etc.

May I know cisco's plan for YDK ,  Does cisco continue to invest time and resource on YDK new version released and bug fix to follow new IOS XE version ?.  Does cisco have any plan to encourage more and more people to embrace it and make more program with YDK.

Thank you

Jacky Zhang
Global Telecom

Very good question, Jacky.

I am also waiting the answers from Cisco managers/directors, who are investing their time and money to applications based on YDK. I am still wide open for cooperation with them.

I am also open to work with other companies, who are willing invest in YDK offered solutions. 

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

MarkWalker51234
Level 1
Level 1

Likewise, I am with Dell Technologies investigating yang models and I am interested in updated versions of the YDK that support Yang 1.1

Mark Walker

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am happy to announce that new YDK release 0.9.0.1 is now available for trial on ubuntu:bionic docker. To initialize and run the docker on your platform, please execute this command:

docker run -it ydksolutions/ydk:0.9.0.1

The docker image contains fully functional YDK for all three supported languages (Python, C++ and Go) and all the services including model bundle generation.

Complete documentation for the release is now available online at ydk-solutions.com.

Comparing to the previous release of YDK-0.8.5.2 the following changes have been made:

New feature and enhancements

• Added support for YANG-1.1 features (RFC-7950)

Resolved GitHub issues

• XmlSubtreeCodec and JsonSubtreeCodec fail decode empty type of data (#1046)

• Failed to get "ietf-netconf" module with Executor Service and get-schema RPC (#1047)

• The Executor Service fails to return module content back to user (#1048)

Other resolved issues and enhancements

As noted previously, this YDK release is not available for download from open source domains. It also cannot be deployed for commercial use without prior permission obtained from YDK Solutions. For acquiring and deployment of this software, as well as receiving full engineering support, please contact me directly.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

Level 1
Level 1

I saw 'The C++ generated model API code got significant changes, which broke backward compatibility with YDK-0.8.5 and earlier releases.' in the readme file. I wonder if  the  'C++ generated model API code' is compatible with ydk-0.8.6 or not?

The YDK-0.9.0 C++ Model API code is not compatible with YDK-0.8.6 generated code due to changes in the Entity, YLeaf, and YLeafData classes, which were required to accommodate some of the YANG1.1 specific features.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

kobic
Level 1
Level 1

hello, what is the license to use the 0.9 version within the Dockerfile? thanks!

also - I assume that 0.9 with YANG 1.1 support will never make it to the open source community.

So Cisco will have open source/basic up to 0.8 and a "premium" service for 0.9 and above?

Hello @kobic

You can use the docker image for free only for trial and demo purposes. The YDK 0.9.x releases are currently in private possession and have to be acquired for the production of commercial products.

Regards,

Yan

kobic
Level 1
Level 1

@yangorelik can you please guide me through the process of acquiring license for commercialize purpose. thanks!

ygorelik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We make and sign a purchase and support contract between your company and YDK Solutions (I am the owner), then payment and you get the access to the repository.

Yan

YDK Solutions

kobic
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. can you please send me the license agreement and pricing so I can forward it to the license/procurement department?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: