cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Yang Develop Kit----hasn't found Cisco_IOS_XE_native from ydk.models.cisco_ios_xe---2nd around

Hi Yan,

Thank you for your support and have a nice Monday.

I am sorry that I was not able to reply to you in previous mail as system told there were some issues in the mail.

Now I have to initiate a new one.

Please see output from linux terminal.

It looks like my packet install in the different directory "/dist-packages/" while yours is in "/site-packages/"

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ydk/models/cisco_ios_xe/Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py

root@YDK64:~# find / -name Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py
/root/libssh-0.7.6/build/ydk-py/cisco-ios-xe/ydk/models/cisco_ios_xe/Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py
/home/jzhang/Downloads/ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe-16.9.3.post1/ydk/models/cisco_ios_xe/Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ydk/models/cisco_ios_xe/Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied
root@YDK64:~#

##############################################################################

Hi Jacky

Please check package installation. For example, in my python3 virtual environment:

$ ls ../venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ydk/models/cisco_ios_xe/Cisco_IOS_XE_native.py
If this file is not found, then something wrong with package installation.

If found, then you need reindex your IDE.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions
View solution in original post

##############################################################################

Jacky Zhang
Global Telecom
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jacky

I can see that you are running YDK with Python 2.7. This version has been deprecated since January 1 of this year. Therefore I strongly advise you to switch to Python 3 software. In addition, the user is always encouraged to have virtual Python environment in order to separate system installation from the application environment.

Also. I am not sure what platform do you use for your development. If it is Centos-7 or RHEL-7, then bundle installation for Python2 is slightly different.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jacky

I can see that you are running YDK with Python 2.7. This version has been deprecated since January 1 of this year. Therefore I strongly advise you to switch to Python 3 software. In addition, the user is always encouraged to have virtual Python environment in order to separate system installation from the application environment.

Also. I am not sure what platform do you use for your development. If it is Centos-7 or RHEL-7, then bundle installation for Python2 is slightly different.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

Hi Yan,

Thanks a lot.

I will try to use Python virtual environment for my next DevNet development.  After I move develop platform to virtual environment. I will check the package installation path again. Thanks.

For another question regarding how to check YDK and IOS-XE/XR version.  
Thank you very much for your nice professional explanation in another mail.

Today,  I read the document (https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/ydk-gen#generate-ydk-components).  I found it also answer this question from different point of view.

*********************************************************************************************************

Some model bundles have bin packaged and published in Pypi repository. These bundles can be installed with pip utility. For example, when executing pip install ydk-models-cisco-ios-xr, you will install the latest released in PyPi IOS XR device package

**********************************************************************************************************

So in PYPI,    IOS-XE is 16.9.3.   IOS-XR is 6.6.3,   NX-OS iws 9.3.1

Jacky Zhang
Global Telecom
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: