cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

YDK x PyangBind x your own code.

pauloroque
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to this net programmability field and YANG. So, I am looking for some advises here.

I started using ncclient to interact with devices and models. But it is time consuming to decode the modul and code your filters (like <config><native><ip><route></route></ip></native></config>) or to parser the reply to find the value you need, especially because configuration/state  have many syntaxes variation. Consider, for example, that simple static route, besides the prefix and next hop, may have output interface, admin distances, descriptions, track objects, etc, and all its combination, like a static route with admin distance, description and track.

I have found both YDK and PyangBing can ease the way. So my questions are: what are the advantages/disadvantages of using YDK or PyangBind? Or do you prefer to code the interaction by yourself? When choose one or another?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: