cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ydk-XE install fail ubuntu 15.10

Joshua Leatham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have installed on OSX but get a failure when installing on ubuntu.  Tried from library, from source package... tried sudo... tried python and python3... always fails at this spot:

Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-hbq_7guk/pynacl/setup.py) egg_info for package pynacl

Anyone else see this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That might have been a problem as well, but I also had to install a whole slew of other dependencies before paramiko could be installed.

sudo apt-get install libffi-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev python-lxml libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev

Not sure what all those are and how many are needed as I was just googling and copy pasting.  But that allowed for the paramiko install, which allowed for the ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe install.

I was using python3.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

abhirame
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems to be an issue popping up recently because the newer version of paramiko (which is a dependency of ncclient) has an unstable dependency in pynacl which does not compile on some distros. One solution I found by googling is to try to first uninstall paramiko and then install a specific version known to be stable.

$ pip uninstall paramiko

$ pip install paramiko==2.1.2

$ pip install ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe

That might have been a problem as well, but I also had to install a whole slew of other dependencies before paramiko could be installed.

sudo apt-get install libffi-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev python-lxml libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev

Not sure what all those are and how many are needed as I was just googling and copy pasting.  But that allowed for the paramiko install, which allowed for the ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe install.

I was using python3.

Thanks.

Glad it worked.  System dependencies are documented at:

http://ydk.cisco.com/py/docs/getting_started.html#system-requirements

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: