cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI DHCP Relay with DHCP Pool on Edge Router. VMs not getting IP.

kn2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a DHCP Relay Provider within the User Tenant with the EPG type set as L3 External Network.

The relevant BD in the User Tenant has been configured to Consume the DHCP Relay Provider.

I have configure the edge routers connected to the ACI Fabric on a port channel with DHCP Pool. However the VMs are not able to obtain the IP.

How do I resolve this? 
Thanks

Kuldip

2 Replies 2

mvankleij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the DHCP requests arriving on the DHCP servers? Do they answer to the requests?

For DHCP to work the DHCP server needs to support Option 82 specifically otherwise the fabric won't know where to send the DHCP reply. Based on your description I'm assuming you have configured a DHCP server on a router, which means that it does not support Option 82. You will need a proper DHCP server for that.

Thanks a bunch. Yes we were able to resolve this issue. We ended up creating an epg under application profile, and attach the dhcp relay policy. It worked for us.
I do have a quick question - I have one subnet per bridge domain for a tenant. Each of these subnets are to be DHCP enabled. I also have one VRF and one L3OUT for this tenant. Do I have to create multiple DHCP Provider under Policies.

I do not think so, but want to confirm. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License