Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI queries

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a nexus (N9K-C93180YC-FX) switch with "nxos.10.1.1.bin" which i need to put it in ACI Fabric.Can any one confirm we can directly convert the same Nxos to ACI 4.3.7l version.

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pro Tip:  Make the Title of your post more descriptive.  It'll help us and future users searching for answers.

Now for your Question.  Since you're running an older 4.2 version (there is no 4.3 ACI version), you'll have to install the ACI switch image on that NXOS running switch.  Follow this guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x_c... 

In later verison of ACI (I believe 5.2 and later) there's a feature for auto-converting NXOS switches.  They need to be wiped (erased) first, but they will run through POAP process against APIC, and the ACI switch image will be auto-installed.  Saves some of the manual work and gets the switch installed with the appropriate ACI image in one swoop.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Its my bad i mentioned Wrong version .

The query is i want to convert my nexus box which is running  "nxos.10.1.1.bin" to ACI version " aci-n9000-dk9.14.2.7l.bin"

please help me with the procedure .As i already tried disableing the Nxos boot and now the device is going in loader mode where i i tried to boot the ACI image which is not happening and the device is going Loader mode continuously.

please suggest on the above.

nexus (N9K-C93180YC-FX)

nguyenducdu1295
Level 1
Level 1

How big RAM memory in your N9K?

We have sufficient space in RAM .But i can see there is no licence (Especially ACI) active in the switch ,did this will cause the issue.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License