Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI simulator credentials

vuyisa100
Level 1
Level 1

hi Team Cisco

I have downloaded the ACI simulator, all seemed well until I started by ACI POD(first boot), it got to where it asked for login credentials. does someone know what they might be? 

the version I downloaded is 6.0-2h.

regards

8 Replies 8

Hi

Try "admin" and Cisco123" or "cisco123"

Hi Flávio 

thank you but these credentials don’t work. I will re-download another version and try again 

thanks again 

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you deployed the OVA image of the Simulator, it should ask you to run through the setup dialogue, in which one of the last question is to set the "admin" password.  That's what you should be using to login to the UI once it fully starts up.  There is no default password.

Robert

Hi Robert

yes it’s an ova file but sadly it does ask for the credentials and they all don’t work. I will try another version and see if it helps

thanks

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @vuyisa100 ,

I imagine that by now you have figured out that after setting the admin password during the setup (as @Robert Burns mentioned) then after the setup has completed and you see the prompt apic1 login: - then you may have to wait some minutes before your admin user/password is ready to take effect.   Your first few attempts are likely to fail!

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Rednectar

thanks for your feedback but this is asking for credentials which I didn’t set, none of the credentials are working so I will download another version and try again

thanks

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which exactly version did you try initially? Did this verison even give you the initial setup dialog?  (asking for details like the Fabric Name, Cluster size, Infra TEP Subnet etc)

Robert

Oscar Castillo
Level 1
Level 1

It's confusing at first. When you selected the large topology, you could expect that pressing Alt + F3 when the Simulator boots up will give you the opportunity to login with the default credentials. No way. After more than two weeks of research, I discovered what it means when you press ALT + F1, ALT + F2, or ALT + F3...

"Entering ALT+F1 connects to the apic1 console, ALT+F2 connects to the apic2 console, and ALT+F3 connects to the apic3 console."

In a large topology, the only APIC that will boot up is the APIC1 (ALT+F1). When you restart APIC1, the other two APICs will sync with the active APIC1.

Again, in a big topology, start only the APIC1, and the other APICs will follow.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License