Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC Snapshot not well formed

sentenced
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I am seeing a problem when comparing snapshots. Snapshot comparison works well when done for Tenant but doles out an error while comparing snapshots at Fabric level. 

The APIC is at 1.3 (we are planning for upgrade soon), but as of now any insights would be helpful. Attaching both images below respectively; 

The one working fine: 

snapshot1.JPG

The problematic one:

snapshot2.JPG

2 Replies 2

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sentenced,

Without looking into the contents of the snapshot, that error looks like it may be flagged as part of XML/JSON parsing. That is, your working scenario looks to be in XML, whereas your non working appears to be a json file. With that, they are not exactly equal files to compare (fabric vs tenant wide aside).

XMLvs JSON aside, it looks like that error can be seen if something along the following lines is happening:

1. The json is trying to be parsed as xml.

2. The json is broken or invalid.

One question I have, is how did we specifically get the fabric snapshot onto the fabric? Was it generated just via the "Create a snapshot now" button from within the GUI? If so, it is interesting to me that one snapshot would be xml while the other is json, assuming they are both truly using the same "defaultOneTime" config export policy (Admin > Import/Export > Export Policies > Configuration > defaultOneTime)

-Gabriel

Hi Gabriel!

THANK YOU for reverting on this :) 

Both the snapshots were taken in GUI using 'Create a Snapshot' option. So yes, the problem is interesting. To be honest I am afraid if the snapshots would actually work (if I rollback a single snapshot). I am comfortable doing that on Tenant level, but the corporate Testbed is being used by a lot of stakeholders and I don't want to mess things up, which led me to do a sanity check/ comparison before rolling back. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License