Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leaf Switch Replacement

Hello,

Lets say I 'm replacing the faulty switch in my ACI fabric. I has powered on the new device and and entered the same NODE ID what was there for the faulty switch it's just that I have changed the device hostname as compared to faulty one.
Will the node get discovered?

Thanks,
Suprit

3 Replies 3

Max Jobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Suprit,

If both devices have the same part number. Activate the previous configuration on the new device.

Also don't forget to config SNMP for monitoring.

Andrzej_P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Everything is described in detail here: Configure Leaf or Spine Replacement in ACI.

Although in new versions of APIC, before You disconnect the old switch, You should use the "Remove from Controller" option directly. You can also use the "Remove from Controller" option when the old switch is already off line (e.g. when it is damaged).

To sum up, to replace the switch, use the "Remove from Controller" option on old one. Then connect the new switch, when it appears in Inventory, give it the same ID as it was set in the removed switch.
The software version on the new switch should be the same with the existing on APIC/sw.

regards

Andrzej

andreas.blum
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing should hinder you to use a different device name. All configuration hinges on the node ID.
The question is a bit misleading though.
Any switch with an ACI image that get's connected with one of it's fabric ports to a spine port (or in case of a tier-2 leaf to a fabric port of a tier-1 leaf) will be discovered. You give it a name and node ID when registering it and hence joining it to the fabric.
If the new node was used before and has just been disconnected from a fabric, you may have to wipe it before you can join it to the new fabric

setup-clean-config.sh
reload

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License