cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running ACI Leafs on different minor code versions?

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Our ACI is running 5.2(5c) / 15.2(5c) , and we got 5 new Leafs in that when I ordered them I had to select 15.2(7g) for the software. I'm planning to downgrade the 5 new Leafs so they are on the exact same software version as the rest, but that got me curious - is a difference in the minor code version OK for ACI Leafs [e.g. 15.2(5c) vs 15.2(7g) ] , or is it only a difference in the major code version ( e.g. 14.2 vs 15.2) ? I'm planning to downgrade them anyway to keep operations as stable/predictable as possible, but I was just curious. Thanks!

0xD2A6762E
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually not an issue running leafs with different versions espeically two that are just a couple maintenance releases different, but best practice would be to keep switch version consistent throughout the fabric.  Primarly between VPC peer switches that may need to share features.  Additionally, if you need to run different versions, the controllers should always be the same or newer version than the switches. 

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually not an issue running leafs with different versions espeically two that are just a couple maintenance releases different, but best practice would be to keep switch version consistent throughout the fabric.  Primarly between VPC peer switches that may need to share features.  Additionally, if you need to run different versions, the controllers should always be the same or newer version than the switches. 

Robert

@Robert Burns great, just what I needed to know, plus extra! thanks again!

0xD2A6762E

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License