cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spine to IPN/Multipod question

brian.holmes
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 2 pods with 4 spines in each pod.   Our current configuration is to only use 2 of the spines in each pod for the IPN between the pods.  This gives us no single point of failure.

Given there are no bandwidth constraints between the spines and the core, would there be any reason to connect all 4 spines to the IPN?  To me this just adds more complexity without much value.  Does Cisco recommend connecting every spine to the CORE for IPN connectivity?  

Thanks in advance for any advice

Brian Holmes
Verizon
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav Gambhir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connecting all spines to IPN network is not a requirement for Multipod. This is totally based on redundancy and bandwidth requirements. I have seeing implementations exactly as yours, on the other hand I have seen networks where each Spine has multiple uplinks to Multiple IPN devices. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gaurav Gambhir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connecting all spines to IPN network is not a requirement for Multipod. This is totally based on redundancy and bandwidth requirements. I have seeing implementations exactly as yours, on the other hand I have seen networks where each Spine has multiple uplinks to Multiple IPN devices. 

Rajesh  kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When we connecting L3OUT external connectivity through Routers are connected at leaf switches. Then why IPN separately connectivity needed .I confused every time in every diagram L3 OUT and IPN connectivity .So two type connectivity needed if you connect to Same.Please explain design.

Rajesh - this thread is answered.  Please start a new one for new quesitons.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License