cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static path binding for vpc option not coming in aci

niceinfotech
Level 1
Level 1

I have created four vpcs-ipg in the fabric policy but when trying to bind it to the static port
in EPG of the Application profile then the fourth option(which i need to add HXV-VPC-IPG)  is not coming.
Please help out since I am a newbie in configuring ACI. I am posting all the configuration below.

VLAN-POOLS

VLAN-POOL.PNG

AAEP

AAEPS.PNG

DOMAINS

EXTERNAL-BRIDGE-DOMAIN.PNGROUTER-DOMAIN.PNGSERVER-DOMAIN.PNG

VPC-PROTECTION-GROUP

VPC-PROTECTION-GROUP.PNG

INTERFACE:VPC-POLICY-GROUP

ipg.PNG

INTERFACE:PROFILE

int-profile.PNG

SWITCH:PROFILE

swprofile.PNG

EPG: STATIC-PORT DEPLOYMENT (This is where i am facing the problem. I cannot select for the HXV-VPC-IPG) why is it not giving me this option ? Is there anything more that I need to do or maybe I have left out something?

EPG.PNG

static-binding.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI @niceinfotech ,

Much better.  Your error message shows that that port 49 is the problem. Now most ACI Leaf Switches have 48 access ports - ports 49-54 are uplink ports.  However, you can convert uplink ports to downlink.

My suspicion is that port 49 on leaf 101 has NOT been converted to a downlink port

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @niceinfotech ,

Firstly, thanks so much for providing such a full set of screendumps. Without them, I wouldn't have caught this error.

> RedNectar_0-1712869274405.png

I think before we go down any rabbit-holes, you need to fix this error.

[Later edit]

I should also mention that BEFORE you go trying to deploy a VPC on an EPG, it is a good idea to

1. navigate to the relevant VLAN Pool, and click the Show Usage button to validate that the ports in the PVC show up (as I explained in this recent answer)
  2. navigate to the EPG >| [Operational] > [Configured Access Policies] to verify that the VPCIPG shows up there.

[/edit]

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thank you for your reply @RedNectar this is the error notification that I found in the Fault option. Can you please explain what is this and how do we solve it?

niceinfotech_0-1712901890678.png

HI @niceinfotech ,

Much better.  Your error message shows that that port 49 is the problem. Now most ACI Leaf Switches have 48 access ports - ports 49-54 are uplink ports.  However, you can convert uplink ports to downlink.

My suspicion is that port 49 on leaf 101 has NOT been converted to a downlink port

Thank you @RedNectar now it is solved I changed the port to downlink and now we can use as the epg port. Thanks alot you save our time. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License