cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble connecting to Cisco ACI simulator

JosueMartinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my team has followed the deployment guide for the ACI Simulator 4.x on VMware ESXi. For some reason, I can see the vNIC mac addresses on the switches connected to the host, but I don't see the apic1-eth1 MAC address, and the VM won't respond to ping nor https requests. I verified that the vSwitch is in promiscuous mode.

What's weird is that this was incredibly easy to set up at home on VMware Workstation.

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10 out of 10 times this is an issue with the vSwitch security and/or VM Resources (Memory/CPU).  Flip on all the Port Group security options (Promiscuous, MAC Change, Forged MACs) and ensure you don't have any conflicting setting overrides. 

To test this, put a test workstation directly on the same Port Group as the Simulator and see if you can ping it from there.  That will eliminate a lot of potential issues.

Robert

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Josué,

As Robert mentioned, make sure you change the all the security settings in the vSwitch to "Accept". I just ran a quick test in the lab, enabling promiscuous mode only is not enough, you also need to accept MAC address changes and Forged transmits. A few seconds after changing the settings you should be able to reach the APIC's mgmt IP.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-24 a las 16.26.20.png

Hope this helps!

Javi

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License