Views
Helpful
Replies

vCenter Datacenter Name Change

ajkuftic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently changed datacenter names inside our ACI integrated vCenter, which caused ACI to stop syncing with vCenter. Obviously we can change the name back and syncing will resume, but is it safe to change the name in the APIC for the VMM? Will any traffic be affected?

Thanks!

AJ

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand the question correctly.

if the name is registered in local DNS ? then you should add new name associated with IP.

if not that case explain more.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The virtual datacenter name inside vCenter changed. I can't find anything documented that says it's safe to change that in the VMM domain profile.

Hi,

First of all, changing the name of the datacenter object in vCenter breaks any automation you have (not only ACI) so I'm hoping this had the proper level of planing before. Actually I guess no otherwise you'd have anticipated the issue in ACI.

Now changing the vCenter datacenter name (rootContName) is not supported (and doesn't work), so you have to create another instance of your vCenter object (vmmCtrlrP) and delete the old one.

Nic

Hi nvermand,

As u talk we need to Create a new another and Delete old one. But when we do this -> it's not effect service are running right...? 

nguyencongdao88_0-1712051955539.png

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License