Views
Helpful
Replies

Requesting information on APIC-CLUSTER-XS

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

In the APIC Data Sheet I see an APIC-CLUSTER-XS listed - basically an "extra small" APIC cluster with 1 physical M3 APIC and 2 virtual APIC's.

However I can't find any documentation that discusses this deployment and what it would look like in terms of required infrastructure for the virtual APIC's, how many Leafs/edge ports it would support, etc.

Could someone please point me in that direction (if that documentation exists) ? The price is good compared to a regular M3 cluster but I would be interested to know what I would need to run the virtual APIC's and any potential risks/caveats of implementing this type of "extra small" APIC cluster.

Thanks!

0xD2A6762E
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ACI mini will support a max of 4 leaf switches. Port count isn't a factor.

Robert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
ACI mini will support a max of 4 leaf switches. Port count isn't a factor.

Robert

@Robert Burns ah ok excellent. Thank you! For the virtual APIC's, can I run those on any virtual infrastructure I have, or where do those virtual APIC's need to reside? And is there any documentation on standing up an XS cluster?

0xD2A6762E

Only VMware is supported currently for virtual APIC hosting.

Install guide here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/Cisco-Mini-ACI-Fabric-and-Virtual-APICs.html

Robert

Excellent, thanks again!

0xD2A6762E
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License