cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus DCNM license issue

awcevans01
Level 1
Level 1

Is someone able to let me know which is the correct license below for a Nexus switch bundle N5K-C5596UPM-B-S96? I get different results from CCW and the Dynamic configurator tool (please kill off one or the other - different results from two tools is so painful).

CCW allows you to add this for $0 - DCNM-L-NXACCK9

Where as Dynamic configurator tool adds this with a price -  DCNM-LAN-N5K-K9

They have the same part description. I suspect the top part is for DCNM 5.1 and the bottom is for DCNM 6.1.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Strange, I see the second SKU you list in CCW. A zero dollar option would appear to be for DCNM Essentials (free). DCNM Advanced (either for LAN or SAN) is a fee-based licensed product.

I usually refer back to the product data sheet in the event of confusion. In this case, that would be Table 3 here.

CCW should be the definitive source going forward for building configurations. There is a banner on CCW thus:

As of August 2013, Cisco will retire multiple commerce tools, including Ordering Tool.
These tools are being integrated into Cisco Commerce Workspace so you can register deals, quote, configure, and order products and services in a single, integrated workspace.

Contact your PAM, CSRM, visit Partner Central or send an email for more information.