cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPI and LDAP sync

crisponions
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to trigger a LDAP sync via the REST API?  I have seen this asked a couple times, but there seems to be no definitive answer....

If not, will that be coming?  Scripting to provision new users wont work in my environment without this.....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no this is not something exposed in the CUPI interface - long story but the short version is the LDAP functionality is actually done out of the platform context (provided by Communication Manager) - so on the GUI where you can kick off a sync that's actually working in a service running in it's own space and it's own DB instance (not Connections) - they don't expose an simple API method to us to do that (or anyone running on a VOS platform).

So far as I know there's no plans to extend the existing LDAP functionality out of the platform to include this - but as usual the route to take here is to raise a request through your account team for new functionality.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no this is not something exposed in the CUPI interface - long story but the short version is the LDAP functionality is actually done out of the platform context (provided by Communication Manager) - so on the GUI where you can kick off a sync that's actually working in a service running in it's own space and it's own DB instance (not Connections) - they don't expose an simple API method to us to do that (or anyone running on a VOS platform).

So far as I know there's no plans to extend the existing LDAP functionality out of the platform to include this - but as usual the route to take here is to raise a request through your account team for new functionality.

Little good it usually does - I've raised requests years ago that never made it even though I was assured they were on the list. If you operate on a small market as I do, it's simply not interesting enough

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: