cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPI and LDAP sync

crisponions
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to trigger a LDAP sync via the REST API?  I have seen this asked a couple times, but there seems to be no definitive answer....

If not, will that be coming?  Scripting to provision new users wont work in my environment without this.....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no this is not something exposed in the CUPI interface - long story but the short version is the LDAP functionality is actually done out of the platform context (provided by Communication Manager) - so on the GUI where you can kick off a sync that's actually working in a service running in it's own space and it's own DB instance (not Connections) - they don't expose an simple API method to us to do that (or anyone running on a VOS platform).

So far as I know there's no plans to extend the existing LDAP functionality out of the platform to include this - but as usual the route to take here is to raise a request through your account team for new functionality.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no this is not something exposed in the CUPI interface - long story but the short version is the LDAP functionality is actually done out of the platform context (provided by Communication Manager) - so on the GUI where you can kick off a sync that's actually working in a service running in it's own space and it's own DB instance (not Connections) - they don't expose an simple API method to us to do that (or anyone running on a VOS platform).

So far as I know there's no plans to extend the existing LDAP functionality out of the platform to include this - but as usual the route to take here is to raise a request through your account team for new functionality.

Little good it usually does - I've raised requests years ago that never made it even though I was assured they were on the list. If you operate on a small market as I do, it's simply not interesting enough