cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to call desktop client in my web page

zhangminglai
Level 1
Level 1

Supported IM handler: im:, im://, ciscoim:, ciscoim://, xmpp:, xmpp://

Initiate group chat with: im:// or im: <contactid>;<contactid>;<contactid> etc.

ciscoim:// or ciscoim: <contactid>;<contactid>;<contactid> etc.

xmpp:// or xmpp: <contactid>;<contactid>;<contactid> etc.   

Supported Tel hander: ciscotel:, ciscotel://, sip:, sip://

Select a contact to make call: ciscotel:// or ciscotel: <contactid>;<contactid>;<contactid> etc.

sip:// or sip: <contactid>;<contactid>;<contactid> etc.

Support to add Subject Lines and Body Text in the IM handlers;

IM Window - recognition of URIS;

User can set Parameters when launch back to the original App.

can somebody explan this to me, how should i code in my web pages to make standalone cisco jabber IM client to show up and call someone i want, or where i can find these messages abouve.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The URL schemes mentioned can be used simply as HTML hyperlinks in the web page.  When Jabber is installed, it registers these URL schemes with the operating system, so that any application (i.e. a web browser) attempting to open one of the matching links will open it using Jabber.  For example, to display a phone number that will launch Jabber on clicking, use something like:

<a href="ciscotel:914055551212">+1 (405) 555-1212</a>

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The URL schemes mentioned can be used simply as HTML hyperlinks in the web page.  When Jabber is installed, it registers these URL schemes with the operating system, so that any application (i.e. a web browser) attempting to open one of the matching links will open it using Jabber.  For example, to display a phone number that will launch Jabber on clicking, use something like:

<a href="ciscotel:914055551212">+1 (405) 555-1212</a>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: