cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC Console issues

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a relationship between the codec software version and the TC Console version number? I can't get the latest TC Console to work with my C90 on version TC6.3

10 Replies 10

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Russell,

TC Console version 6.2 has to work fine on a TC6.3.0 codec.

you may see a waring text.  Use the reset choice, and start modifying the layout.

Below is the steps to upload the new layouts to the codec:

1.    Factory default the Layout of codec through TC Console.

2.    Reboot the codec.

3.    Create/Import Layout and synchronize the same.

4.    Reboot

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Here is what it says.

Failed to communicate properly to the codec. Some components failed to initialize.

I have upgraded the codec to 7.0.2 it still does not work.

Russ

Russell Haney, CTS-D

Owner/Sr. Designer

Audio Video Communications

<mailto:russ@auvicomm.com> russ@auvicomm.com

Korea phone: 010-5443-5050

US Phone: 509-210-1061

Hi Russel,

Here the issue could be Codec can not get in sync with the camera which means it cannot receive the content from it. The stream is very powerfull and in the end it should be terminated on the DSP on the codec, so DSP will process it and covert into the RTP packets. As the different parts of the software could be in a wrong state it must have failed to initialize.

So please check all cables are connected properly.

I would also request you to refer Troubleshooting Guide TC 6.0

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

I am not sure what this has to do with the TC Console not working.

Russ

Russell Haney, CTS-D

Owner/Sr. Designer

Audio Video Communications

<mailto:russ@auvicomm.com> russ@auvicomm.com

Korea phone: 010-5443-5050

US Phone: 509-210-1061

Hi Russ,

If you downgrade the codec to TC 5 or 6  is there any issue. I was not able to find any bug or any interoperability issues. The only bug which i found tells "On a C60 or C90 running any version of TC software, attempting to display the video stream "other main" on more than one monitor at a time -- via a custom layout with dual or quadruple monitors configured -- fails." Please let me know if you face any such error.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

OK here is what I found out the hard way. The TC will not work if there is a password set on the codec. Even putting the password in the password field of the TC login didn't work. So when I deleted the password from the codec, thus creating a security issue, I was able to login using just the IP address and no password.

Hi Russ,

Thanks a lot for sharing this information which will be usefull if anyone come across similar kind of issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

OK after having to change out the codec and camera I have once again been unable to get TC Console to work. I tried to do a FactoryRest and delete the password to get it to work. But then major problems occurred. Like not being able to control the codec or camera, a black screen, and inability to make commands or changes to the codec. I had to turn off the codec for 10 minutes to get control back and do another FactoryReset to get the system to work. It now seems to be working OK but I am not willing to try the TC Console again until I can get some answers on what happened.

Hi Russ,

I will discuss with my team members on this issue and will get back to you soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Russel,

That all sounds very strange.  We have multiple C60 codecs here that we use TC Console with to customize the layouts and don't experience any issues like that.  We have been doing this for a while, so have progressed through different versions of TC Console as we've upgraded.  We're now happily using TC Console 6.2 with TC7.0.2 on our codecs.  We've never had any problems with passwords either as you've indicated.  If you come over to the TelePresence section of the Cisco Support Communities (https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence) where there are many of us who deal with TelePresence devices regularly, you might get some better assistance than on the Communities (which really aren't designed for technical discussions).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: