cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check Bug Applicability tool CSCwc47544 may provide wrong result

moshe.leyzerman
Level 1
Level 1

I've used the "Check Bug Applicability" tool for this bug ID, and for all 7 S/Ns I've entered into it, the result was "The FN72424/bug CSCwc47544 is not applicable...".

Once we eventually got access to the access points CLI, it was obvious that all access points were indeed affected. Even a simple extraction of the year/week of manufacturing from the serial number (that we discovered was available later) confirmed the access points were produced after September 2022.

The "Check Bug Applicability" tool proved itself being unreliable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

moshe.leyzerman
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve double checked and found out what the issue was. All serial numbers that I’ve submitted to the tool originally, had an “S” accidentally prepended to them. I.e., instead of the actual S/N FGLxxxxxxxx I’ve submitted to the tool the value of “SFGLxxxxxxxx”. It’s no wonder that the tool did not recognize the S/N as the one being affected.

I’ve now re-run the test with the same list (but with corrected serial numbers), and it returned the expected results.

It means that my initial complaint was a false alarm.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

imrazack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Moshe - thanks for flagging it , team is looking into it.

moshe.leyzerman
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve double checked and found out what the issue was. All serial numbers that I’ve submitted to the tool originally, had an “S” accidentally prepended to them. I.e., instead of the actual S/N FGLxxxxxxxx I’ve submitted to the tool the value of “SFGLxxxxxxxx”. It’s no wonder that the tool did not recognize the S/N as the one being affected.

I’ve now re-run the test with the same list (but with corrected serial numbers), and it returned the expected results.

It means that my initial complaint was a false alarm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: