cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Detaild doc on DNAC API responses

eekman
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any details about DNAC API responses somewhere? For some values I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Example: The API response for "Get Device Details" lists interference values when feeded with UUID for an AP. I got "1,8" as a response when running this API call on a UUID for an AP connected to the network. All I can find in the doc is that it is a string. Great... I can see that, but what does it mean? Do I interpret this as one value, 1.8, or is it one value for 2.4 GHz and one for 5 GHz? Is it the highest and lowest value measure for a period of time? And what is the scale? Is 1 really good or really bad?

The same goes for Air quality and noise. In my example noise is "-94,-84" which certainly seems reasonable to be noise floors for two frequency bands. Except the AP is 6 GHz capable, so should it not be three values then?

DNAC version 2.3.5 and API endpoint is 

endpoint = f'dna/intent/api/v1/device-detail?searchBy={uuid}&identifier=uuid'

Cheers!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Eekman,

I am not aware of any documentation that goes into this detail however I hope I can help provide some clarity to your questions.

If the 6GHz slot 2 radio is up and operational, yes the API output should provide 3 outputs which are comma delimited. Please see example below from a lab DNA Center:

"noise": "-90,-100,-97",
        "utilization": "80,1,1",
        "airQuality": "100",
        "interference": "80,1,1",

In the example above, airQuality only shows one entry because only 5GHz has CleanAir enabled which is required to calculate air quality KPI metric. The values you see here are representing values of KPI (Key performance indicators) used to calculate the assurance health score for the access point. You'll see in the screenshot below the values align with the values present for the KPIs in the device 360 dashboard for the AP. In the case of utilization, it's providing you the utilization percentage for each radio:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 1.13.54 PM.png

If you see values for 6GHz for the AP in device 360 but not in the API output, I would suggest opening a TAC case.

Navigate to the health score settings dashboard in your Catalyst Center UI to see all of the different KPIs for access points and their default values/thresholds:

https://<DNAC_FQDN>/dna/assurance/manage/ctHealthscore

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 1.23.18 PM.png

HTH!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I unfortunately don't believe there is any more detailed docs than the API reference. I often find myself having to compare the values to what I can see in the GUI or examples I can find on github. I would guess that "1.8" is a single value, though I find it odd that it the API would only return the value for one frequency. Multiple values are afaik always returned as a list in the DNAC API.

As to the Air quality and noise - I believe your assertion is correct regarding the values. Is the 6Ghz band enabled on the AP?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Eekman,

I am not aware of any documentation that goes into this detail however I hope I can help provide some clarity to your questions.

If the 6GHz slot 2 radio is up and operational, yes the API output should provide 3 outputs which are comma delimited. Please see example below from a lab DNA Center:

"noise": "-90,-100,-97",
        "utilization": "80,1,1",
        "airQuality": "100",
        "interference": "80,1,1",

In the example above, airQuality only shows one entry because only 5GHz has CleanAir enabled which is required to calculate air quality KPI metric. The values you see here are representing values of KPI (Key performance indicators) used to calculate the assurance health score for the access point. You'll see in the screenshot below the values align with the values present for the KPIs in the device 360 dashboard for the AP. In the case of utilization, it's providing you the utilization percentage for each radio:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 1.13.54 PM.png

If you see values for 6GHz for the AP in device 360 but not in the API output, I would suggest opening a TAC case.

Navigate to the health score settings dashboard in your Catalyst Center UI to see all of the different KPIs for access points and their default values/thresholds:

https://<DNAC_FQDN>/dna/assurance/manage/ctHealthscore

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 1.23.18 PM.png

HTH!

Awesome! Kudos!