cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Configuration Archive to External Windows server

chrismeisner
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to send DNACs configuration Archives to an external Windows server or does this have to be Linux? I've searched but have only found information for a Linux server. Based on this I'm assuming only Linux is supported but I thought I'd ask. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When reporting an issue or asking a question in regards to the Catalyst Center, please include the current release that you are running.  This will help us better answer the questions & issues as things change between releases and fixes are added.

In regards to you your question..

Configure and Troubleshoot External Configuration Archive on DNA Center
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/220644-configure-and-troubleshoot-external-conf.html

The Cisco Catalyst Center documentation points to the same Backup Server Requirements for Configuration Archive configuration. Note that SFTP is required. You can configure an external SFTP server for archiving the running configuration of devices.

The "Before you Begin" comments are where you may see an issue on your Windows Client:
"Confirm that SSH, SFTP, and SCP are enabled on the external server."

The backup server must run one of the following operating systems:

• RedHat Enterprise (or CentOS) 8 or later
  • Ubuntu 16.04 (or Mint, etc) or later

There was a known issue communication to Windows Servers for this specific feature where communication and connectivity are good but no archives were saved remotely on the Windows server. This has been addressed in 2.3.5.5 and later.

I just tested on my Windows Server and it works as expected. But, once again, you need to refer back to what is officially supported to ensure the feature works and behaves as expected.

I hope this information helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if this configuration archive using external - it mentioned SFTP, it does mentioned Windows or Linux  - as long as your SFTP running it should work,.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi  Thank you for the reply. Below is the documentation I was referring to.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/220644-configure-and-troubleshoot-external-conf.html

In this doc. I don't see any mention of using a Windows server but you are saying as long as I use SFTP it does not matter if it is backed up to a linux or windows server? I have followed this procedure and have successfully backup the config archives to a RHEL 8 server but now I need to switch to a Windows box. So the concept is the same except using a Windows server? Thanks 

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When reporting an issue or asking a question in regards to the Catalyst Center, please include the current release that you are running.  This will help us better answer the questions & issues as things change between releases and fixes are added.

In regards to you your question..

Configure and Troubleshoot External Configuration Archive on DNA Center

The Cisco Catalyst Center documentation points to the same Backup Server Requirements for Configuration Archive configuration. Note that SFTP is required. You can configure an external SFTP server for archiving the running configuration of devices.

The "Before you Begin" comments are where you may see an issue on your Windows Client:
"Confirm that SSH, SFTP, and SCP are enabled on the external server."

The backup server must run one of the following operating systems:

• RedHat Enterprise (or CentOS) 8 or later
  • Ubuntu 16.04 (or Mint, etc) or later

There was a known issue communication to Windows Servers for this specific feature where communication and connectivity are good but no archives were saved remotely on the Windows server. This has been addressed in 2.3.5.5 and later.

I just tested on my Windows Server and it works as expected. But, once again, you need to refer back to what is officially supported to ensure the feature works and behaves as expected.

I hope this information helps.

chrismeisner
Level 1
Level 1

@Tomas de LeonThank you for your response. We are running version 2.3.5.5-70026. I will give it a try. Thank you for the help.