cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC PnP provision new Cisco 9800-L WLC issue during claim process...

samteo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

i have Cisco DNAC Center version running Version 2.3.5.4-70852 and trying to provision new device via Plug and Play option in DNAC center.

With new WLC device name, serial number, Product ID: C9800-L-F-K9 and  IP address appearing under Cisco DNAC Provison/Network Devices/ Plug and Play page.

Next, while assigning new device (C9800-L)  to site and attempting to enter information for.... Wireless management IP, subnet mask, gateway IP information, it is observed under the IP Interface Name* drop down menu, there is no interface options available. i am unable to proceed further to claim new device in DNAC, without any selection for interface option and hence issue here.  

Note: i am using Service port in C9800-L for PnP provisioning. Also tried to connect additional data port e.g. Tw0/0/0 etc... and reload device but similar issue occurred - No interface option detected!

i am not sure if you guys have encountered similar issue and can share the resolution here. Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samteo,

Use a data port such as Tw0/0/0, delete the device from PNP inventory, & retrigger PNP discovery from the 9800 CLI:
-- 'pnp service reset no-prompt'

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samteo,

Use a data port such as Tw0/0/0, delete the device from PNP inventory, & retrigger PNP discovery from the 9800 CLI:
-- 'pnp service reset no-prompt'

Thanks Dan for your prompt advice. Will try it.
Thanks /Sam

ww4686101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi samteo,

I haven't encountered this specific issue before, but it sounds frustrating. Have you reached out to Cisco support for assistance? They might be able to provide some insights or solutions. Good luck with resolving the issue!

Thanks @ww4686101 . Will test further by this week and hopefully will have good result.