Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in creating DNAC template

JAMES WEST
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

We are currently deploying a new Greenfield office, and l was looking at using Cisco DNAC to push some of the config using Templates. I have create the following template using "Regular Template and Jinga" after saving the Template l get the following error see attached:

"Potential conflict with cli router lisp from application Configure ConnectivityDomain"

Can someone advise if something has been missed in the Template or something in DNAC for this to be resolved? If not, we can push the config manually, but this would require logging onto 20+ 9300 switches.

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's only reporting a "potential" conflict, so I expect it will still let you provision your LISP config, just as if you were copy/pasting manually.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you may know, LISP is vitally important to Software Defined Access and is something DNA will automate entirely.  The warning shown is to make sure the administrator has this understanding, and doesn't try to overwrite any SDA config that DNA provisions.  Are you trying to implement Software Defined Access?  If not, you should be able to safely ignore the warning and proceed with provisioning.

Hi Preston, 

Thanks for the feedback. 

We are not looking to implement SDA, but we are using the same build with LISP and similar config being deployed. With this command in the Template, we could push the config to the Edge Node (edge switch) and apply new LISP config as you would do if this was in SSH?

If so, thanks for the information you have provided. I will test this in DNA/PoC switch to confirm config being added.

Regards,

James

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's only reporting a "potential" conflict, so I expect it will still let you provision your LISP config, just as if you were copy/pasting manually.

Hi Preston, 

I have complied the config l was looking to apply, during the save it now informs me that the Template has conflicts and the "Commit" button is greyed out. Is there a way to check what conflicts it is referring to?

Thanks, 

James

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see that issue in 2.3.5 (released this week).  It has a significantly revamped Template editor.