cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to initialise a stack of 9300s to do lan-automation

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

I've been banging my head trying to get lan-automation working on a stack of 9300 edge node switches. The switches are already connected with stackwise cables and stackpower. After using the PNP initialisation steps here (14 commands to clear out everything) the switch stack reloads into "switch>" prompt instead of the " --- System Configuration Dialog ---" state. Because of this reason lan-automation doesn't work.

Instead I used the command "pnpa service reset" specified in the older document LAN Automation: Step-by-step deployment guide and Troubleshooting and this got the switch stack into the correct state after reload. Lan-automation then finally worked! Recently TAC advised to use the 14 command manual steps to clear initialise pnp instead of "pnpa service reset", and this command is removed from the newer lan-auto deployment guide... not sure why??

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the feedback and input - it was good note and test, personally sometime i see Cisco DNAC improvement bit degraded comparing with the Quality of work what cisco produces, and it confusing every version they do in fast manner, this looks more version number revision rather quality improvement, Now days same applies for IOS XE upgrade..so many release versions with more bugs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help