Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Wireless - CCKM

Jostein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have provisioned some of our existing wlc`s into DNA. And have had some problems around our voice setup. Our existing WLAN setup had CCKM enabled for old 7925 cisco iphones. However the CCKM option is nowhere to be found in DNA, so in order to get our phones on "air", we have to configure this on the WLC directly.

This is not a good solution, as DNA will sometimes change this back if you run a reprovision of the wlc, wich we have done regulary beeing in the middle of a migration proccess.

Is it possible to get CCKM enabled on the WLAN from DNA ? 

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So Cisco DNA does have 802.11r settings  for fast roaming in the "Advanced Settings" page of the SSID Wireless Design page.  However, I can understand that certain older devices like 7925 might not support 802.11r.  I think the solution here is to use a configuration template with the necessary cckm command and tie that to your wireless profile.  Then each time you reprovision the WLC, that configuration will come along with it.

I don't know the right cckm to use (not my area of expertise), but this looks promising

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/wlan_security.html

Let us know if that works!