cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC - Viewing syslogs

YC2
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm coming from PI where the syslog viewer was super easy to use. Everything was in one place, you can sort and search all logs from all devices. Nothing else had to be done besides adding the device to inventory and having the device send over logs.

Our DNAC appliance was setup as a syslog server and all our switches are sending logs to it. How do I view these logs? I found Kibana... and apparently I have to install Filebeat... or am I way off?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it is at the top because it filters all of the assurance data (not just event viewer data) displayed for the time period selected in the 360 dashboard for the client/device. 

You can use the 'make a wish' feature within the DNAC GUI to make feature suggestions/enhancements directly to the DNAC product team.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 5.13.09 PM.png

You can also open a TAC case and they can open up a defect.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Yeah, I need to agree with you that Prime is easier and maybe better. But, you can find syslog on "Activity" tab. "Audit Logs"

Those audit logs look like messages from the DNAC machine itself, like me logging into the gui. These aren't logs from the switches being sent to dnac (ie, interface g1/0/1 link up). 

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Syslog events for the network devices & even wireless/wired clients connected to those network devices can be viewed under the event viewer section of the Device/Client 360 dashboards.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.41.08 PM.png

Ah! I guess I just never went far down enough to the event viewer section on the 360 page. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok, getting warmer here. Only 5 logs at a time per page? That's ... annoying but better then nothing. Filtering is pretty limited too.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can scroll through all the events available in event viewer for the time period you are filtered for. My screenshot only shows the latest events without scrolling further down in the events viewer section.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.11.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.10.20 PM.png

YC2
Level 1
Level 1

Yikes, ok so they put the time filter way at the top. That gave me many more pages of events to pick from. The grey bar at the top of the first event is deceiving - it has today's date (or date of the most current event?) on it. The last column only shows the time (no date) but the field at the far right has the entire date and time. 

That seems like a gui bug to me. Either the grey bar needs to update with the date of events being viewed, or the date needs to be added to the info displayed by the center column that only shows the time.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it is at the top because it filters all of the assurance data (not just event viewer data) displayed for the time period selected in the 360 dashboard for the client/device. 

You can use the 'make a wish' feature within the DNAC GUI to make feature suggestions/enhancements directly to the DNAC product team.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 5.13.09 PM.png

You can also open a TAC case and they can open up a defect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: