cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to include SNMP Activity in my own developed NMS?

Ramneek_Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

Respected CISCO Community, 

I am new to this forum so I was curious to ask directly that I am working on a project of developing JAVA Based Network Management Software for my network as shown below:Network Structure.png

So, I was studying continuously for days that SNMP and other related protocols are the ingredients to get information about connected devices onto NMS. Mainly, I want to include similar functions as general NMS give us but slight difference is that I am developing from initial point.

Therefore, can anyone guide me through the NMS Development and implementation of SNMP in this model of software that I am working on using generalized highlighting on main inclusion of concepts.

Thanks in Advance!

Ramneek
Netcom Professional
New Delhi, India
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good to know, welcome.

what kind of NMS you looking to develop, what is the features you looking to show in dashboard or reporting.

here is the startup reference code to understand how jave can be used :

https://examples.javacodegeeks.com/enterprise-java/snmp4j/snmp-walk-example-using-snmp4j/

once you understand that, any specific query or what is high level you looking to achieve make a note and post here..community help you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good to know, welcome.

what kind of NMS you looking to develop, what is the features you looking to show in dashboard or reporting.

here is the startup reference code to understand how jave can be used :

https://examples.javacodegeeks.com/enterprise-java/snmp4j/snmp-walk-example-using-snmp4j/

once you understand that, any specific query or what is high level you looking to achieve make a note and post here..community help you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your reply, I will surely look out in this library for me to include and if any doubt still comes I will surely ask in community.

Thanks Again!

Ramneek
Netcom Professional
New Delhi, India
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: