Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit the number of DNA center for access to network devices

Munther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dears,

we added some switches to our DNA center, after that we notice the DNA login to switches many time at a day. this process effect on our ISE system. therefore is there any method to limit the number of DNA center to login to switches even Resync Interval is configure to 1440 minutes

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/hardening_guide/b_dnac_security_best_practices_guide.html#id_108831 , I acknowledge that this is kind of the reverse , but perhaps it could slow down DNA login-activity too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Dear @marce1000 

Thanks for your reply, if i don't find any method i will try this may be it can limit the DNA.

Hi

If you are OK with the Resync interval of 1440, you can change the "Update Polling Interval. ".

"In the Polling Time field, enter the time interval (in minutes) between successive polling cycles. Valid values are from 25 to 1440 minutes (24 hours). "

@Flavio Miranda 

i already set the Network Resync Interval to 1440 min. in DNA version 2.2.3 and above You can update the polling interval at the global level for all devices by choosing System > Settings > Network Resync Interval. Or, you can update the polling interval at the device level for a specific device by choosing Device Inventory. When you set the polling interval using the Network Resync Interval, that value takes precedence over the Device Inventory polling interval value.

danibqb01
Level 1
Level 1

We are facing the same problem.

There are several accesses via SSH from the DNA on the Switches in less than 1 minute and each access generates logs in the ISE.

We have Tacacs configured on the Switches and we can see authorization logs for commands such as "show logging" and others.

Is these multiple hits in less than 1 minute normal?

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@danibqb01 Your Cisco DNA is probably responding to an SNMP trap to collect more information about a potential issue.  Best way to stop the logins is to figure out what the switch is complaining about.  Check for reported Issues in Cisco DNA Assurance for that specific switch and fix the root cause there. 

@Preston Chilcote  Perfect, I'll check and let you know! Thanks.

Hello danibqb01
Did you ever find a solution to the constant logging in from DNA? 
We are experiencing same issue on latest version of DNA. We have double checked our switches and all look normal. 

Thanks