cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using DNA Center as an SFTP server - how?

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello DNA Center experts

I was wondering whether I can use the DNA Center appliance as a generic SFTP server? In 1.3.3.6 I can see the option below but I don't recall configuring the sftpuser credential, and how would I change it anyway?

What is the point of this feature? How can I add other users, or manage directory structure etc. It seems a little weird/niche feature, which I can't find any documentation for.

And this has nothing to do with the SFTP server that I use to store my DNAC Config Backups. For that I am using an external SFTP repository.

dnac-sftp.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Cisco DNA can't be a generic sftp server.  The Local Sftp settings page shows the credentials that network devices use to pull software images from the appliance during a SWIM upgrade (automated software upgrades).  It doesn't seem to let you change these parameters, so I'm not really sure why they are even being displayed to the user.

In case anyone is wondering, the "Remote SFTP" settings are there to setup backups of from the Cisco DNA appliance to an external file server.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Cisco DNA can't be a generic sftp server.  The Local Sftp settings page shows the credentials that network devices use to pull software images from the appliance during a SWIM upgrade (automated software upgrades).  It doesn't seem to let you change these parameters, so I'm not really sure why they are even being displayed to the user.

In case anyone is wondering, the "Remote SFTP" settings are there to setup backups of from the Cisco DNA appliance to an external file server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: