Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and DNA-C

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

In the past, I've used WLC with DNA-C for SD-A implementations. And as far as I can see and know from the configuration we have to configure a WLC to a specific site only to deploy any configuration and this is a limitation.

We have a single WLC which is used over the top for a number of branches. Is there any way I can assign the WLC for multiple sites or is there no way to get around this - Note: We are NOT using SD-A here - The goal is to add the WLC for assurance/telemetry purposes but it would be nice to assign the APs to the different sites and import the floor maps we have.

Thanks

Jon

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say Multiple site, SD-A or non SD-A deployment,  If i understand collectly Tradtional OTT deployment you can do right with remote side with Central WLC ? what is the issue here ( or am i  misundertanding your requirement ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Not possible, at least in the current versions.  When you add the WLC on the DNAC for Assurance/Telemetry, you need to assign it to a site otherwise will not work.

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally, you should assign your WLC to the building/floor it is physically located. When you provision the WLC, you will have the opportunity to specify the 'Primary & Secondary AP Managed locations' for that wireless LAN controller. You can select any floor(s) for the branch locations as a AP managed location for that WLC which basically tells the DNAC that the WLC will manage access points assigned to those floors.

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys - i thought this was the case but good to confirm with you all.