Views
Helpful
Replies

Large sharing icon on second screen

Henrib
Level 1
Level 1

The situation is as followed:

our users use HP laptop (elitebook) connected to a HP USB-C replicator G2 with one ore sometimes two monitors on the desk and a roomkit with large screen on the wall. roomkit, laptop,replicator are using the lates updates, Software version Proximity is 4.0. 

it appears on both win10 and 11 systems

when I wireless share my screen (while connected to the replicator)on the Cisco Roomkit a large Icon appears on one of the monitors. On the other monitor a small descent icon appears. This also happens when connected to one monitor.

is there a way to solve this large Icon issue? this large icon can be anoying when it you need to reed adocument on that screen while presenting

Henrib_0-1670491779031.jpeg

Henrib_2-1670492212834.jpeg

Henrib_1-1670492189008.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this is a very annoying issue, Henrikb!

Unfortunately, though - we are not planning any new releases of the Cisco Proximity app.

Would you be able to look into using Miracast for your usecase?
Miracast (and AirPlay for the Mac/iOS users) are our current best agnostic sharing options, with significantly higher framerate and overall quality compared to the Cisco Proximity app.

Best, 
Henrik

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for your bug report. It has been added to our backlog, but I can't promise that there will be a release any time soon.

Henrib
Level 1
Level 1

dear MneergaaIs,

Is there any news on this item?

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Henrib (from HenrikB here),
I definitely understand this is an annoying error. Seems to be something very weird with scaling. As Morten said, we have this bug on backlog, but do not know at this point when a new software release will be available.

Best, Henrik
(Product Manager at Cisco)

Hi HenrikB (from HenriB here),

is there any sight on a new version of the Cisco Proximity app solving this issue? (beta testing is also welcome)

Dear Henrik,

is there still no sign of any new version of the proximity app?

Henrib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Henrik, 

is there any news on this topic? If possible i would like to join the beta version to solve this issue

Henrib
Level 1
Level 1

Any new on smashing this bug? It is very annoying. 

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this is a very annoying issue, Henrikb!

Unfortunately, though - we are not planning any new releases of the Cisco Proximity app.

Would you be able to look into using Miracast for your usecase?
Miracast (and AirPlay for the Mac/iOS users) are our current best agnostic sharing options, with significantly higher framerate and overall quality compared to the Cisco Proximity app.

Best, 
Henrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: