cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity on Mac not detecting the DX70

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, need some advise here as I've exhausted ideas to have the issue fixed.

The proximity between my Mac and DX70 suddenly refused to work on one fine afternoon without any new software install on mac, configuration changes on dx, nor network changes (home network). it just show "finding video system..." and no error message.

Things i've tried/check:

1. reinstall the proximity app 4.0 on my mac

2. factory reset my dx70

3. downgrade dx70 firmware from 9.15.8.10 to 9.15.3.18

4. upgrade my mac os from big-sur to monterey

5. confirm the built-in microphone is selected as system device.

6. confirm proximity has permission to microphone and its listening to the microphone (based on the mac orange dot at status bar).

on the side note, I've another old mac (2014, catalina) to test the proximity to the dx70 and it worked! so i guess the issue lie on the proximity app/mac os instead of the dx70. Only different I can tell between the 2 mac, is that it will prompt a "certificate has change" message after I install the proximity on catalina, but i did not get this message on my mac os monterey, despite trying to delete & install the proximity app multiple times. could this be the culprit? is there a way that I can remove the proximity app cleanly, so that it will prompt again to accept the certificate fingerprint? I don't want to re-install my mac os just because of 1 proximity app, but without proximity it caused great inconvenient as i rely on it to dial/control & wireless share in meeting.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for the late reply. Could you include the support ID for the Proximity installed on your new Mac? It's available under the about dialog.

Hi mneergaa, thanks for replying this thread.

here is the support ID ff200fa2a7661c7e2ab800ac008f42b2

Really appreciate your help.

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Metrics issued by the client weren't sufficient to form a hypothesis. Could you DM me a log where your client has been running for a few minutes? Also, is the endpoint registered to a CUCM, is it Webex cloud registered, or is it "cloud aware" (CUCM Edge?)

Thanks mneergaa, I've DM you the detail, please check your inbox.

@mneergaa I've sent you the log via PM, not sure if you got chance to take a look at it? thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: