Views
Helpful
Replies

Input error on serial interface

Sureshbabu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Wan link terminated on serial interface.

When ever media flapping input and CRC error generate on serial interface both end. But physical connectivity everything is fine. There is no packet dron on serial interface.

Both( A-B) end ther is no clock rate on serial interface.

But B end invert txclock configured. 

• Kindly suggest to resolve the error.
3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When ever media flapping input and CRC error generate on serial interface both end

when the media fails , you should see some, but we need to get your show interface serial 0/0 to understand better.

But physical connectivity everything is fine. There is no packet dron on serial interface.

this contradicts your above statement of, when the medial flaps, there may be a small packet drop.

what kind of link speed, how is your link utilization?

other than CRC do you have any other input/output errors ? if the CRS errors minimal (I will ignore it) 

to test that clear the counters and check every 24 hours how many CRC errors created,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sureshbabu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

link speed is 2MB and this link is standby there is no traffic on the interface.

input and CRC error only. There is  no output error. After clear counter monitor 24Hrs CRC-779, input 1375

basically serial interface on end  DCE  another end DTE. But this case i observer both end DTE.

Suspect link connectivity issue.

I need change one end DCE physical connectivity. After change DCE one end will configure the clock rate. 
This will help on this issue. 

I need understand the below command behavior.

invert txclock

Please correct me if anything stated is incorrect.

its been more than a decade I have touched Leased lines.

check troubleshooting tips :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1915.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help