Views
Helpful
Replies

Error upgrade IOS 9200

soportefibratel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all:

I tried to follow these instructions to recover my IOS, but I was unable to see the command when I wanted to copy to a USB flash drive. I download the last ios .

soportefibratel_2-1683712031054.png

soportefibratel_1-1683711983264.png

soportefibratel_0-1683711949643.png

I cant see copy usbflash1:

soportefibratel_3-1683712088948.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Because the members are in mismatch. You need to have all of them in Ready status. 

Dont waste any more time on it. Break you stack, upgrade each switch individually and join them again on the stack.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi

You want to copy TO USB? You mean, you want to export the IOS to an USB driver?

I think Cisco is to blame for the issue. 22 switches total, 9200 I recently set up a stack with 8 members, added a port, and had the same issue. The switches might not ship with.bin ios. Is this Cisco 9200 revision an error?

I want to copy from USB to Flash, please

Do you see your USB when you plug it by checking show usb or dir ?

No i can not see

IT should. This means the switch is not reading the USB driver. Can you try to add the IOS differently? like use a TFTP server for example?

soportefibratel
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I'm now setting up through TFTP. Is it possible to upgrade the iOS for every member of the stack? There must be a command, but I can't recall it.

ber

Install mode ?

I fail to comprehend you. When a member of the stack has a different version of iOS, I can remeber it was possible to upgrade this member by using the member who has the most recent version of iOS, but I can't recall what the command was.

What you can do is copy the IOS to the Master switch and then use the command

install add file <filename> in order to distribute to other stack member

And then you run installatio command

The switch can be in install mode or bundle more, you can check with show version.

Depending on the mode, the commamd to install can be different

For do the command is mandatary all of switch of the stack will have in ready or it is possible whrn the stack switch are in provisioned . I had a problem with the ios in those 9200 switches . I belive the cisco has a bug the b.bin on the 22 switches was not bind . I created the stack for first time when i reload i get in "switch:" .I had to download the last version and puit it again via tfpt, the problem is whenIi upgraded the ios it ddosent will update to the all strack and now I have one switch with the ios but the rest of the switch of the stak are in provisioned i belive they have in mode switch:

Break up the stack, upgrade each swich individually and when all of them had been upgraded, join in stack again. This is what I would do .

Why?

soportefibratel_0-1683875326630.png

Because the members are in mismatch. You need to have all of them in Ready status. 

Dont waste any more time on it. Break you stack, upgrade each switch individually and join them again on the stack.