Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager APN doesn't work on Jabber

David H Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

My comp. is currently running Call Manager 12.5 version (haven't upgraded to the version Cisco recommended for proper APN service), then few users informed us that they don't get notification on their jabber mobile app. When I checked call manager side, I found following message on "Cisco cloud on boarding Configuration" section: 

88c0e8ad-2b6b-4a91-868d-3a32a9b4f44d.png

I
did some research on that, and found that it is a well known issue on the version we are running, since they discontinued support on old cert. and suggested to install a new Quovadis cert and restart the service. We did install new cert and restarted required services, but still see the same message above. 

We also contacted Cisco for further assist, and they informed us that it could be FW that is blocking traffic between call manager and mobile devices. Does any one have/had same issue and resolved it in recent time? Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

If it has worked before it’s not very likely that it would be a firewall issue. To be sure that all is refreshed a complete cluster restart would be appropriate.

Apart from this the recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest SU available, currently that is SU6, or at at least to the minimum required version for APNS to work with the changes that Apple has done on their end.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg Thank you for your answer. It's been working fine, and for some people, it's still working on their end. something I'm not so sure about FW issue which Cisco mentioned was because some users are still getting notification from CUCM. 

Btw, when you mentioned 'complete cluster restart', meaning all related services, IM&Presence server, CUCM and Expressway should all be restarted? Also, sounds to me, CUCM upgrade would be the better solution, would you think that too? Thank you once again! 

Absolutely agree that an upgrade would be to very best option. By cluster restart I meant all CM and IMP nodes that are part of the cluster. Expressway and any other systems are none related.

Response Signature