Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Error with Jabber 12.1

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently upgraded Jabber from version 11.6 to 12.1. I am using CUCM and IMP 11.5.

I am having an issue when i first login to Jabber  I am presented with a certificate error. It shows the IP address instead of the FQDN. In the previous Jabber version, this did not happen. We have signed certs trusting the UC servers and they have not changed. After initial sign in, we are not prompted for cert again. I don't understand why we are being presented the Ip address in untrusted cert or the cert itself. All servers are defined by FQDN and have signed certs installed. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks,
Derek

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the UC services use the IP or the FQDN?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

UC Services are using FQDN

Does the certificate you installed with IP, actually matches the certificate you have in your server?

HTH

java

the cert that we have on the server is FQDN, no mention of IP address.

This is why it is so confusing. We have no cert defined by ip address, so not sure where Jabber is getting it from.

Certs are FQDN, UC servers are FQDN, UC Services are FQDN. The only thing i can think of is that there is something in the jabber-config file that is using IP instead of fqdn. Not sure what though. TFTP is FQDN

who signed that certificate?

HTH

java

their enterprise CA signed the certs. These certs work fine with Jabber 11.6, so certs all good. In addition, i can browse to the UC servers by FQDN with out any cert errors

I'm referring to the one with IP

HTH

java

nobody signed the IP certificate from what i can see.