cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preventing off-net callers from starting a meeting in CMS 3.4

RobertHawk
Level 1
Level 1

Problem 1: Off-net callers can call the CMS number and start a meeting on the server if they know the Meeting ID. They have to call this number to join a meeting, but I want to prevent meetings from being started from off-net callers. I understand that one way to prevent this is to require a PIN/Code  and apply to each Meeting ID, but beyond that, is there a way to prevent someone from doing this in any other way?

Problem 2: When the host of the meeting in CMS leaves the meeting, the meeting does not end. Is this some sort of API setting?

I am still pretty new to how CMS works, so any advice or help to get this more locked down would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Problem 1: No, there is no other way. But you could use different access methodes (with different meeting id) for externals, which then are placed in the lobby. Before they are granted to access the meeting.

Problem 2: There is are no real roles of "host" and "guest" in CMS. That's just a naming convention of different profiles, with different privileges / functions available to meeting participants using the profiles. And since there is no "host", there is no option to automatically end the meeting, if the last "host" leaves.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Problem 1: No, there is no other way. But you could use different access methodes (with different meeting id) for externals, which then are placed in the lobby. Before they are granted to access the meeting.

Problem 2: There is are no real roles of "host" and "guest" in CMS. That's just a naming convention of different profiles, with different privileges / functions available to meeting participants using the profiles. And since there is no "host", there is no option to automatically end the meeting, if the last "host" leaves.