Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Mapi component pop up window when we run Cisco Jabber

WebEx Mapi component credential window pops up when Cisco Jabber gets launched for first time in session (VDI environment).

Even though , you click remember my credentials, it keep popping up in next logon.

Attached the screen capture of the pop up window.

On non-persistence VDI environment so it doesn’t persist that setting and popup every time user logs on. With our investigation, we found registry and files that might be holding this information but applying those settings prior doesn’t make a difference and popup still appears.

With Procmon and other tools we identified webEx MAPI popup is caused by Cisco Jabber might be integrating with Outlook Calendar.

Pic attached.

How we can either disable this popup or advise which settings to persist to work for VDI environment ?

• Cisco Jabber version - 11.5.1.29337
• Windows OS version – Windows 7 x64

5 Replies 5

ScottMifsud3315
Level 1
Level 1

Try changing the password to something else with less/different special characters. 

I had a user who changed their password to contain spaces when this issue presented itself. 

I gather that Jabber has some odd password requirements which other applications aren't bothered by. 

I just came here to let everyone know that I I no longer use the word "less" in place of the word "fewer". 

jacob0612
Level 1
Level 1

I found that selecting calendar integration to "none" in Jabber settings will stop this pop up.  See attached.  Could you please share the registry files you identified?  I'm trying to find a registry to stop the pop up.  I found that the popup occurs for us when user is offline and Jabber attempts connection prior to user authenticating through VPN. 

Set Jabber config xml parameter “CalendarIntegrationType = 0”  fix the issue.

<Options>
<CalendarIntegrationType>0</CalendarIntegrationType>
</Options>

Ben Yosef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , did you success to solve this problem?

I'm having the same issue right now on VDI environment.

Thanks