After a factory reset the 7970 ip phone will not boot up.
- Screen shows "Cisco Systems - Copyright 2002-2005, Cisco Systems, Inc", and has a checkmark on the bottom left corner
- The line buttons are lighting up in sequence from top to bottom
- The Headset key is lit and stays that way
- After about 15 seconds, the screen dims and the check mark changes to a bullseye sign.
- There is no response from any of the keys when pressing them (including the Settings Key)
If you press the settings button on the phone and if the options such as network settings comes up then you need to navigate to settings > network configuration > IPv4 configuration and make sure the phone has an IP address, subnet mask, default Gate Way and TFTP server correctly assigned.
In most cases the reason why the phone shows a blank screen is because its unable to contact its tfp server after you have performed a hard reset on it. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue
Download and Install a tftp server like tftpd32.
Download the firmware for the 7970 phone to the tftp server directory
You must create a SEP<MAC-ADRESS>.cnf.xml, XMLDefault.cnf.xml (Information about the load) and upload the firmware files
Note:The termXX.default.loads file on your TFTP server will be sometimes different than what you have on CUCM. You probably just need to have the newest firmware.
Configure a seperate vlan and dhcp scope for the IP phone.
Assign the pc ip where your tftp server is installed as the tftp ip.
On your DHCP scope, put your option 150 as the ip address of the machine hosting the tftp server.
Point the phone to your TFTP server
TFTPd32 receive the request and send the appropriate files to the phone.
Now you will be able to find the phone getting Booted with the new Firmware