cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
TCC_2
Level 10
Level 10

Core Issue

From Cisco Unity Express prompts, the connection to backup server is established and the backup server can response to ping, but the backup progress remains at 0 bytes. History.log shows this output:

Category:  Configuration
Backup Server: ftp://x.x.x.x/backup/
Operation:  Backup
Backupid:  2
Date: 
Result:  Failure
Reason:  Connection to backup server failed: ftp://x.x.x.x/backup/ : returnvalue:6 Unable to connect to backup server.

Resolution

It is observed that if the FTP password contains a special character, it does not allow the backup. In order to resolve this issue, remove the special character from the FTP password. Also make sure that there are no routing problems in the network that can affect the FTP backup on Cisco Unity Express.

Comments

I'm facing the same issue, but slightly differ. while backing up my unity express information....

Reports---> Backup History:

HistoricalData: Failure Connection to backup server failed: ftp://X.X.X.X/mrv-unity: returnvalue:7

Unable to connect to backup server

FTP Server is pinging successfully:: no problem in connectivity, from FTP Server to Unity Express & from Unity Express to FTP Server, all routing is well & going on reachable....

Reply from X.X.X.X: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=63

&

why i'm getting this error:

In Unity Express ---> Reports ---> Backup History.

Unable to connect to backup server

what should i do for this issue....

honestly i've done lots of R&D regarding this, but still problem is there....

Num_of_Revs             = 2

Category_0      =     Data

Data_lastbackup_index      =     0

#Details of last 2 backups

#Details of the last successful restore

Data_restore_backupid     =    

Data_restore_date     =    

Data_restore_backupdate     =    

Data_restore_description     =    

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohit,

You might want to open a discussion here if you wish someone to assist you troubleshooting your issue.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: