Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction

This document covers the procedure for configuring Speed-dial and Abbreviated dial setup. This procedure is applicable to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.x / 8.x / 9.x

Configuring Speed-Dial Buttons or Abbreviated Dialing

You use Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration to configure speed-dial buttons for phones if you want to provide speed-dial buttons for users or if you are configuring phones that do not have a specific user who is assigned to them. Users use Cisco Unified CM User Options to change the speed-dial buttons on their phones.

From CUCM 8.x onwards, system provides a total of 199 speed-dial and abbreviated-dial settings.

Speed Dial Settings

Configure these settings for the physical buttons on the phone.

Abbreviated Dial Settings

Configure these settings for the speed-dial numbers that you access with abbreviated dialing. When the user configures up to 199 speed-dial entries, part of the speed-dial entries can get assigned to the speed-dial buttons on the IP phone; the remaining speed-dial entries get used for abbreviated dialing. When a user starts dialing digits, the AbbrDial softkey displays on the phone, and the user can access any speed-dial entry by entering the appropriate index (code) for abbreviated dialing.

Note: Not all Cisco Unified IP Phones support abbreviated dialing. See the phone user guide for information

Configuration

Perform the following procedure to configure Speed-Dial.

This procedure is applicable to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.x / 8.x / 9.x

Step 1. Log in Cisco Unified Communications Administration Page

To Display the Phone Configuration window, choose Device > Phone. Enter your search criteria and click Find.

Step 2: Choose the phone/device for which you want to configure speed-dial buttons.

[Place the cursor and click on the image to get a clear view]

speed-dial-1-1.png

Step 3:

From the Phone Configuration window, choose Add/Update Speed Dials from the Related Links drop-down list box at the top of the window and click Go.

The Speed Dial and Abbreviated Dial Configuration window displays for this phone.

Step 4: Configure the Speed Dial (Abbreviated Dial) numbers and the display lable

[Place the cursor and click on the image to get a clear view]

speed-dial-3.png

Step 5: To apply the changes, click Save.

Step 6: To close the window, click Close.

Step 7: Reset the phone for the changes to take effect

CUCM 7.x supports only 99 speed-dial and abbreviated- dialing. From CUCM 8.x onwards, system provides a total of 199 speed-dial and abbreviated-dial settings.

Related Information

Comments
Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good piece of DOC.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman.

Regards

Lavanya

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for this info but if I have to do this task (configuring abbreviate dial num) on 50 phones, how do I do that? Obviously,  doing one phone at a time would be very painful!!! Thanks

Hello Gary

Thanks for your comments.  You can configure the phones in bulk by using BAT. Please check the url for more details. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/11929386/configuring-speed-dial-using-bulk-administration-tool-bat

Regards

Lavanya

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you Lavanya....I will give it a try

stanzin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muthurani,

I know it's an old blog, have a quick question if you still are around. So, I have around 20 abbreviated speed Dial configured for a user, but somehow she isn't able to see few of them. Any idea as to why?

Thanks in advance

Stanzin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: