Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
cdnadmin
Advisor
Advisor
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 22-06-2005 07:52:11 PM
Using Audium 3.4. I have a form element followed by a decision element. The decision element is using the "value" from the form element as the exit state to use.

[code:1:3123ac064d]
public class CheckMenuSelection extends DecisionElementBase{

public String doDecision(String name, DecisionElementData decisionData) throws AudiumException
{
return decisionData.getElementData("MainMenu", "value");
}

}[/code:1:3123ac064d]

In the MainMenu element, I have 3 DTMF Keypress's defined...

[list:3123ac064d]
[/list:u:3123ac064d]

The problem I am having is that if I use the "Cisco CVP 3.0 for DTMF Only" gateway adapter, those optional DTMF Keypress values are not being set as the "value" of the MainMenu element. When I use the "Cisco CVP 3.0 with OSR 2.0" gateway adapter, it works.

The VXML that gets generated is different too...

• <field name="foundation_fld" modal="false">
<property name="inputmodes" value="dtmf" />
  • <grammar xmlns="http&#38;#58;//www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar" mode="dtmf" type="application/grammar+xml" version="1.0" xml&#38;#58;lang="en-US" root="ROOTDTMF">
  • <rule id="ROOTDTMF" scope="public">
  • <one-of>
  • <item>
<tag>foundation_fld='addressInfo';</tag>
</item>
  • <item>
<tag>foundation_fld='cashBack';</tag>
</item>
  • <item>
<tag>foundation_fld='rebateInfo';</tag>
</item>
  • <item>
<tag>foundation_fld='transfer';</tag>
</item>
</one-of>
</rule>
</grammar>
  • <prompt bargein="true">
<audio src="http&#38;#58;//media-server&#38;#58;8080/dev/audio/kstoll-en-us/PreferredTravel/preamble.wav" />
[/code:1:3123ac064d]

versus

• <field name="foundation_fld" modal="false">
<property name="inputmodes" value="dtmf" />
<grammar mode="dtmf" type="application/grammar+regex">1 2 3 4</grammar>
  • <prompt bargein="true">
<audio src="http&#38;#58;//media-server&#38;#58;8080/dev/audio/kstoll-en-us/PreferredTravel/preamble.wav" />
[/code:1:3123ac064d]

Can you explain why this is happening and how to get around this? Obviously, our decision element could look for the digits and convert those to the text ext states, but I thought that the optional return value on the DTMF Keypress setting would do that for us.

Subject: RE: DTMF Keypress optional value not consistent
Replied by: Vance Vagell on 22-06-2005 09:32:09 PM
Hi Mike,

All of the functionality you are currently hand-coding is present in the 3_Option_Menu element. If you use this element, you simply need to define the inline DTMF grammar for each of the three options, and then connect each exit state to the part of the call flow you would like to follow for that option.

Hope this helps,
Vance

Replied by: null on 23-06-2005 12:51:31 PM
Thanks for your advice. However, we prefer forms as opposed to menus since if we were ever to change the number of options in the menu, then we would have to remove the 3-item menu and replace it with a 4-item menu. Adding another DTMF keypress to a form is easier and our decision element would also only need an additional exit state.

This still doesn't explain why the optional value in brackets isn't being returned as the value. Can you provide the technical reason for this? Is it a Cisco Gateway limitation when using DTMF only? Does that return value cause the Gateway to simulate an ASR query?

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 23-06-2005 03:46:29 PM
Hi Mike,

While the CVP 3.0 / OSR 2.0 gateway adapter fully supports what you would like to do, the CVP 3.0 / DTMF Only adapter does not. This is a known issue with the DTMF Only Voice Browser itself. Please contact your Account Manager for further details.

If at all possible, I would recommend that you use the CVP 3.0 / OSR 2.0 gateway adapter instead, since it offers the capabilities you need. However, as you mentioned, you can workaround this issue by looking at which DTMF was used from within your Decision element, and then branch appropriately.

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 23-06-2005 05:13:41 PM
I appreciate the information. The underlying reason for my post is that when we play over 60 seconds of audio in a form element initial audio group, the gateway throws an error.cisco.com.resource.unavailable.asr exception. We are investigating a timeout/limit on that front, but this raises the question of how the Cisco Gateway voice browser is using the VXML to access the ASR. This also impacts our license count for our Scansoft ASR solution. Even when we set our form element to use DTMF only as the input mode, it seems the Gateway VB is hitting the ASR.

Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 23-06-2005 07:21:04 PM
Hi Mike,

I was informed that you will open a ticket in regards to this issue, We will continue debugging this issue in the appropriate ticket.

Regards,
Michael

Replied by: null on 27-06-2005 03:26:30 AM
TIcket 4413 has been opened to address this issue.

Replied by: null on 12-07-2005 12:17:54 PM
Ticket 4413 was closd with the resolution that the problem is in the Cisco VB DTMF capabilities. The impact is that the documented functionality of using "1 " to map a physical DTMF_keypress to a logical value in a dynamically configured Form element does not work. The Cisco VB can only return the keypress and the gateway adapter does not perform any post-processing to enable the mapping behavior.

As a result, I'm looking at changing our implementation from a dynamic Form element to a dynamic Option Menu element. Can you point me to any examples of a N-Option Menu where N is determined at run-time vs. being known at compile time as implied by the Option_Menu elements.

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 12-07-2005 03:29:22 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Audium does not currently support elements with a variable number of exit states. However, you can implement the desired behavior by following a Form element with a Decision element. Then, when you need to add a new exit state, simply add a new option to the Form, a new exit state to the Decision element, and some logic in the Decision element that maps the Form's new option to the new exit state.

Hope this helps,
Vance

Replied by: null on 01-08-2005 01:29:37 AM
This is a good topic as I have to use the Form element for a menu too, since the customer has too many options for the supplied Audium Menu element. I am having an issue with a different documented feature, and am wondering if it's a problem with the Cisco CVP DTMF voice browser too.

By the way, I did also notice that the DTMF inline grammar of "keypress " was not working but it was a satisfactory solution to code the XML decision element on the value as the "keypress".

My problem is using "". The documentation says that this is acceptable, but it gives me an error - the log says "error.semantic". I can use "" in an Audium Menu element quite OK.

Can you confirm this behaviour?

Regards,
Geoff

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 01-08-2005 05:44:14 PM
Hi Geoff,

Just to be clear, the lack of semantic interpretation support (i.e. "keypress ") is a limitation of the Cisco DTMF gateway itself. It is listed in the Known Issues section of the Release Notes for our gateway adapter for this gateway.

In regards to the other issue you mentioned, you can recognize a "" through a Form's grammar, however the Cisco DTMF gateway requires that this character be escaped. Therefore, instead of using "" you should use "\*".

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 05-08-2005 03:36:13 PM
AudiumVance,

I appreciate the advice on escaping the * for the Form element.

Thanks for the tip on the release notes. I had not seen those before and they answer some questions I previously asked here on the forum (for example, * to repeat a menu and ** to go back to the previous menu is something one of my customers wants, and that would not work with the Cisco gateway but would work with other gateways and I wondered if I was making an error).

Regards,
Geoff

Replied by: null on 05-08-2005 05:39:18 PM
I tried using "\*" for one of the DTMF Keystrokes and it throws an error. It says only digits, hash and star are allowed in that entry. Have I understood you?

Regards,
Geoff

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 05-08-2005 05:51:13 PM
Hi Geoff,

In order to continue assisting you with this problem, could you please provide the following information:

• The versions of your Audium software
  • What is showing this error message? If this is in a log, it would helpful for us to have a copy of the actual log, please attach it to this forum thread

Regards,
Vance

Replied by: null on 05-08-2005 07:32:12 PM
AudiumVance,

Thanks for your offer. The trace from Tomcat as it starts is ..

Starting Cisco CVP VoiceXML Server...
Copyright (C) 2000-2005 Audium Corporation. All rights reserved.
Cisco Customer Voice Portal VoiceXML Server v3.0
Distributed by Cisco Systems, Inc. under license from Audium Corporation.

I can see from the readme that this is Audium 3.4

The log is small and I have uploaded it. The first test is when the "" is used as one of the DTMF entries. The second test is when I escaped the "" with a backslash.

Regards,
Geoff

Replied by: Vance Vagell on 08-08-2005 04:30:04 PM
Hi Geoff,

It appears that this issue has been fixed through recent patches. Please do the following:

1) Download and install the latest Cisco DTMF only gateway adapters from this post in our Download Additional Gateway Adapters forum.

2) Continue to escape asterisks in your DTMF grammars (i.e. use "\*").

3) Contact your Cisco account representative to find out where to download the latest patch for CVP.

In addition, please contact Cisco support for all future inquiries, since we do not offer direct support for CVP.

Hope this helps,
Vance
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links