This document describes how to troubleshoot the error "An object with the SMTP address (email@example.com) already exists"
Unity Connection version 8.5.1ES65.13900-65
Error:-While trying to add user,getting the below error:-
An object with the SMTP address (firstname.lastname@example.org) already exists.
Follow the below steps in order to resolve the above error
1. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select object_globaluserobjectid from vw_smtpaddress where smtpaddress = email@example.com
2. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from vw_subscriberreference where objectid = "referenced from previous command"
3. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_UserDelete(pObjectId =referenced from previous command')
Run these commands
1. utils cuc users bulk_clean_orphans subscribers
2. utils cuc users bulk_clean_orphans mapentries
Make sure that any other user should not have this address as SMTP Proxy Address.
Troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection
Unable to add users in Cisco Unity Connection