Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Sara Salem on 23-06-2010 02:38:28 PM
dear sir,
I'm writing a java code using jtapi classes to control cisco ip communicator that is registered to call manager ver 7.0.

when I run the code I get the following exception:
" Initializing Jtapi
Opening 142.100.64.11;login=sara;passwd=123123...

Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provider -- directory login timeout "

I made sure that IP's are in the same subnet, and there is no IP assignment problems.

please tell me your advice

Subject: RE: question concerning JTAPI and call manager 7.0
Replied by: David Staudt on 23-06-2010 04:21:59 PM
This error commonly occurs when the JTAPI user as configured on UCM has the 'Standard CTI Secure Connection' role, but is not actually creating a secure connection.  Unless you have fully configured security on the JTAPI client, remove the secure connection role for the user and it should connect.

Replied by: Sara Salem on 24-06-2010 07:05:12 AM
many thanks david. I enabled all CTI roles to my user account on CUCM, and my project worked. thanks alot for your great help and support

Replied by: Sara Salem on 23-06-2010 06:09:34 PM
thanks alot  David  for your reply and help. but I'm new user to call manager 7.0, so can you help me and tell me how can I disable this secure connection, or if there is a method to handle it ,can you tell me about it?

thanks alot

Replied by: David Staudt on 23-06-2010 07:15:32 PM
This is configured in the UCM webadmin pages.  From the Users menu, select the JTAPI user...at the bottom of the page are the interfaces for adding/removing specific roles/groups to the user.  Testers will commonly give the JTAPI user 'all' of the CTI roles...but if the Secure Connection role is given, it will refuse to allow non-secure connections (default JTAPI connection mode.)

Replied by: Sara Salem on 23-06-2010 07:38:15 PM
thanks alot David for your reply, but now I don't know what can I do with this exception. I have revised the jtapi libraries and found no difference in code syntax between jtapi used with call manager 4 and jtapi used in call manager 7, but offcourse both call managers differs in the jtapi client application. I have downloaded and installed the jtapi client for call manager 7.0 and I have added its jar files to my project library. actually I couldn't get the point that refer to a secure connection in the jtapi developers guide of call manager 7.0. I hope that you tell me your advice.

thanks alot
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links