cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
punshriv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tool Description:

This tool helps to validate "SIP Profile Configuration (SIP Normalisation)".

This eliminates the need of setting up real devices or generating real calls to test SIP normalization feature.

Its takes the input as sip profile configuration and the SIP Message, The result is the modified sip message as per the input sip profile. This tools also provides a comparative result with the input message to clearly identify the difference in the output message after the modification.

An additional option “ADD INBOUND MESSAGE FOR COPY LIST” can be used for using the copy list functionality of the sip profile. It provides another input window for the incoming SIP message which can be used to copy any of the value from the incoming message and use it as a peer header to modify the sip message.

Key Features of the tool,

1. Applicable for Cisco SIP Gateway and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)

2. Inbound copy-profile feature support

3. Real-time config editing and validation

4. Simple and friendly user interface

5. Output SIP message with changes highlighted

Tool supports 2 input modes

SIP Profile config and SIP Message

SIP Profile config and SIP Message with optional 'Input copy-profile'

Sample output with modifications highlighted

Customer Use Cases:

Refer following document - SIP Profiles on CUBE Enterprise Common Use Cases - Cisco

For any queries please reach out to 

ciscocom-apps-sipprofiletest@external.cisco.com

Sample Message to Test the Tool:

Sample SIP Profile Config:

voice class sip-profiles 100
request INVITE sip-header Allow modify "UPDATE," ""
request INVITE sip-header Cisco-Guid remove
request INVITE sip-header Account-Number add "Account-Number:"
request INVITE sip-header From copy "<sip:(.*)@" u01
request INVITE sip-header Account-Number modify "Account-Number:" "Account-Number:\u01"

Sample SIP Message:

INVITE sip:+919922992299@192.168.2.8:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 192.168.2.50:5060;branch=z9hG4bK4645fc2213150
From: <sip:+91122112211@192.168.2.50>;tag=9832699~b0dc0a87-b4a6-494d-bff6-b4dc9b1d749e-21182355
To: <sip:+919922992299@192.168.2.8>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:31:02 GMT
Call-ID: 3b27ec80-66815746-463640-3202a8c0@192.168.2.50
Supported: 100rel,timer,resource-priority,replaces
Min-SE: 1800
User-Agent: Cisco-CUCM8.6
Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, INFO, BYE, CANCEL, ACK, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY
CSeq: 101 INVITE
Expires: 180
Allow-Events: presence
Supported: X-cisco-srtp-fallback,X-cisco-original-called
Cisco-Guid: 0992472192-0000065536-0000002741-0839035072
Session-Expires: 1800
Max-Forwards: 70
Content-Length: 0

Comments
Amit Singh2000
Level 1
Level 1

From where i download this tool ??

Thanks in advance .

Jared Levin
Level 1
Level 1

It's a web based tool. https://cway.cisco.com/tools/SipProfileTest/

chatura
Level 1
Level 1

Does this tool support SDP manipulation ?. Doesn't seem to work for me

chatura
Level 1
Level 1

Wrote to the Dev team and they informed that i have a extra 'space' at the end of each line. Which the tool does not like.

I copied the original SIP message from an actual Wireshark capture by selecting the packet , right clicking and selecting “show packet as byte” with the format as ‘ASCII’. That causes the message to have a ‘space’ at the end of each line.

When I use the format ‘UTF-8’ no spaces are present and the tools works beautifully.

Hope this will be useful for somebody.

cnscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Gotta Love Cisco! Which other SBC vendor has something like this?! Will save a lot of people inside and outside of TAC a lot of time.

Well done Cisco!

EdwardRJZTS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Tech community!

I have this interesting issue with SIP Profile and yes I’m new to SIP Profiles I'm trying to learn more about it, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The task at hand:

Attempting to prefix known 3 digit site code to 4 digit extension in Remote-Party-ID so that Called-id would display 7 digits site code XXX extension XXXX.

Used Sip Profile tester to verify profile the output shows as desired.

voice class sip-profiles 10
response 180 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "sip:(....)@" "sip:699\1@"
response 200 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "sip:(....)@" "sip:699\1@"

But when entering into actual IOS 15.7(3)M3 router.

The IOS adjusting it as "sip:6991@" in replacing section statement in the profile.

then Called ID becomes 6991.

The questions it is a defect on 15.7.3 IOS code?

If it is I could not find it in release notes regarding defect.

Also is there another alternative Regex syntax simpler than this that I can try out?

Regards
EJ

mariagom@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The mail ciscocom-apps-sipprofiletest@external.cisco.com is not working. Is there any other way to get support for a partner. Thanks.

Edward Lau
Level 1
Level 1

@punshriv, Not sure which website redesign but ever since then the tool’s analysis results display as one big text block.

It’s as if the carriage return (new line) in the input message field were stripped.

This makes the results hard to read and cumbersome to understand.

Thomas-B
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, the topic is old i know, but I tried the tool several times, but always get the error :

"Cisco has failed to process your data, Cisco engineers have been notified"

I also copy and paste the example from punshriv and get the same error.

Anybody who can help on this?

BR, Thomas

I have also seen the same issue since the past few weeks. Seems like no one is paying attention to the notifications sent by this tool.

hadenfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue with it not working on any browser I've tried.  I even tried to get in contact with someone at Cisco but they kept asking for a support contract like I was trying to open a case for my equipment/software and not for a tool on their site.  Responded a couple of times but they just had the generic responses and it didn't go anywhere.  Maybe if someone tries to approach it through an account rep they might be able to reach out internally to someone who could actually fix this.  Would be nice to have the tool instead of having to test on actual equipment and run debugs each time to see if it's doing what I want.

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

@punshriv Can you please take a look at this?

As mentioned by others above, I am also getting the same error whenever I try to use this tool:

"Cisco has failed to process your data, Cisco engineers have been notified"

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

useless one, it is not working!!!!!!

RossStevenson
Level 1
Level 1

Any news on this working again??

hadenfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

Just remember I never responded to this thread but I did jump through some Cisco hoops months ago to find out some not so great info.  I reached out to my account rep and after going through multiple groups they hit some group in India who basically said they weren't going to fix the tool. 

I was told there's a newer internal SIP profile tool that only Cisco employee's have access to and completely worthless to me and most other people who are doing testing.  I was told I could send my config over to my SE and they could pass it along.  I declined because when testing I go through tons of modifications back to back and emailing back and forth would be worthless.  Doesn't look like this will ever be fixed which is unfortunate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: