This problem affects versions 4.1(2) and lower.
These are the minimum requirements to use Cisco Unified IP Communicator with video capabilities:
- Cisco Unified IP Communicator v2.0(1) or later
- Cisco Unified VT Advantage v2.0(1) or later
- CallManager version 4.1(3)SR1
For more information, refer to the Network Requirements for Cisco IP Communicator section of Preparing to Deploy Cisco IP Communicator.
For administrators, video capabilities can be enabled from the Cisco CallManager Administration page. To do so, perform these steps:
- Go to the Phones section of the Cisco CallManager Administration page (for Cisco IP Phone 7940, 7960, and 7970, IP Communicator series).
- Scroll to the bottom of the Phone Configuration page, to a drop-down box for Video Capabilities.
- Change the default setting of Disabled to Enabled, and reset the phone to allow for video capabilities.
- After the phone is reset, a camera icon appears in the lower right-hand corner above the More soft key. This indicates that the phone is now video capable.
For FAQs about using VT Advantage, refer to Cisco Unified Video Advantage Q&As.
For additional information, refer to these documents: