Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that has changed the way people connect, communicate and collaborate. We are proud to announce Cisco has won the 2012 Forrester Groundswell Award in the category of Business-to-Business Mobile Application for its “Cisco Mobile Technical Support”, competing with 45 other applicants from around the world. The Forrester Groundswell Awards recognize excellence in accomplishing business and organizational goals with social-mobile technology applications. The Cisco Technical Support mobile apps provides flexibility to connect and interact with Cisco Support Community and technical support resources. These mobile apps provide access to Cisco’s rich technical support content and help users solve specific problems anytime, anywhere, on the go.
The Forrester Groundswell award recognizes excellence in the services that Cisco Mobile Technical Support App offers. Our self-guiding mobile app on today’s powerful smartphones encapsulates troubleshooting processes, enabling faster issue resolution. Through a user-friendly interface, one can collaborate with other community members on the go. The key features of the app include:
- Search relevant information and answers on real-time technical support forum discussions, videos, blog posts, RSS feeds, and Podcasts from iPhone & iPad anytime, anywhere.
- Post troubleshooting questions to forum discussions on the fly - whether at one's desk, working in a datacenter, waiting at an airport or anywhere support needs to be completed.
- Share latest technical support insights from our communities with friends and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Track and follow community activities via Favorites and My Activities
- Interact with support professionals and Cisco customers with the right expertise in the right technology domains via messaging, community profiles and member leaderboards (lists of top community contributors).
- Provision to attach different file types as possible with Android OS
- Improved community/sub-community and discussion navigation.
The apps are available on iTunes and Google Play and deliver full features and functionality of our online support communities to all iOS and Android users globally, equipping them with the necessary resources to resolve their technical needs.