Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Gabriela Godoi do Prado
Community Manager
Community Manager

Avatars: What are they and why do they matter?

In a bustling community, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. An updated and distinctive avatar sets you apart, ensuring that you stand out and catch the attention of others. When community members recognize your avatar (sometimes called 'profile photo'), they associate it with your contributions, expertise, and positive interactions. This recognition can enhance your visibility, leading to increased engagement, collaboration, and ultimately, a stronger sense of belonging within the community.

GabrielaGodoidoPrado_0-1688658041277.png

How can I review, set or change my avatar?

You can review your current avatar or select a new one from your profile page.

1. Click your display name in the upper right hand corner of any Cisco Community page and choose 'My profile' (you will need to be logged in to perform this action).

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 2.38.35 PM.png

2. On your profile page, click the pencil icon in the upper right corner area of your current avatar.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 2.29.10 PM.png

3. In the next pop-up window, review available avatars from one of the collections in the drop-down menu. Clicking one of the images in the 'Choose an avatar' section will set that as your profile avatar!

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 2.39.01 PM.png

Voila!Voila!

I'd like to use my own photo, can I do that?

We do allow you to use your own photo, but at this point in time, for security reasons, photos must be manually applied by one of our Community Managers. Instructions for that process are below.

1. Choose the photo that you would like to add. JPEG and PNG are preferred. We cannot use .svg file types. 

2. Send the file attached to a Community private message by clicking on the Local Community Manager profile´s link (see below) and selecting the button "Send Private Message"

GabrielaGodoidoPrado_4-1688658927453.png

or, on the top right side of your profile, select the envelope icon: 

GabrielaGodoidoPrado_2-1688658548788.png

Click the pencil icon to display the message editing screen.

EriMizuno_0-1689074583094.png

And type your local Community Manager´s name:

GabrielaGodoidoPrado_3-1688658723974.png

In the 'Message Subject' line please include something like, "Please change my avatar to the attached!"

Our Community Manager will review the photo and update it for you as long as it does not violate our terms of use (no images containing nudity, or materials that may be considered obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, explicit or otherwise objectionable)

Community Managers:

Chinese: Yanli Sun 

English:Brooke Hammer 

French: Jimena Saez

Japanese: Eri Mizuno

Korean: Hyangmo Gu

Spanish: Jimena Saez

Portuguese: Gabriela Godoi do Prado

We're excited to work with you to make your Cisco Community avatar your own!

Kind Regards,

Cisco Community Team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links